Marianne Coleman, author of Educational Leadership and Management, provides her top tips on how to get published:
1. Be absolutely clear about your focus and the main point(s) you are trying to get across.
2. Don’t be too ambitious in what you try and cover. Most people write more than they intend to not less.
3. Do market research on potential publishers. Find out who is likely to publish material in your area and proposed format.
4. Follow the format of the publisher’s proposal form, don’t just send in an outline.
5. It is worth making some phone calls to publishers to chat informally, before you go to the trouble of writing a proposal tailored to their spec.
Leave a reply