Prestel Publishing is one of the world’s leading publishers in the fields of art, architecture, photography, design, cultural history and ethnography. Although not specifically an academic publisher, Prestel have offered us their top 5 tips for pitching to publishers……..
14Jul10 Publisher Tips: Prestel
Posted by Charlotte Frost
1. Think of the audience first. Who will buy it?
2. Listen to the publisher and be flexible.
3. Allow the publisher to demonstrate their expertise.
4. Draw parallels with similar successful books.
5. Check your book fits into the publisher’s list before choosing whom to approach.
Leave a Reply
Using Gravatars in the comments - get your own and be recognized!
XHTML: These are some of the tags you can use:
<a href=""> <b> <blockquote> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>