Prestel Publishing is one of the world’s leading publishers in the fields of art, architecture, photography, design, cultural history and ethnography. Although not specifically an academic publisher, Prestel have offered us their top 5 tips for pitching to publishers……..
1. Think of the audience first. Who will buy it?
2. Listen to the publisher and be flexible.
3. Allow the publisher to demonstrate their expertise.
4. Draw parallels with similar successful books.
5. Check your book fits into the publisher’s list before choosing whom to approach.
design said on July 15, 2010
Good stuff, thanks for posting!