Todays post is by Dr Beatrice Hale. Her most recent, and first academic book is a co-authored book entitled The Age of Supported Independence, published by Springer, Dordrecht, with Dr Patrick Barrett and Professor Robin Gauld. They’re next book is currently in preparation. Here Beatrice provides her top 5 tips for getting your book proposal accepted by a publisher.
1. Conduct a thorough search of relevant publishers,
2. Send them a well written book proposal,
3. Be courteous and inform the publishers whom you contact that you will be contacting a number of publishers
4. Ensure that the proposal gives a brief outline of the related literature of theory and data (social science here). You must identify and stress where your book has its place/or can fill a gap,
5. Do a thorough reading of the publishers’ websites, and comply with their list.